Spend a rewarding weekend engaging with some of western North Carolina’s best and brightest high school sophomores. During the three-day seminar, you and a partner will lead a group of 10-12 student ambassadors through leadership activities and in-depth discussions.
For many of the students, the HOBY program is life-changing, and you will play an important role in shaping their experience. At the end of the weekend, these kids will leave with a new spark that you helped to ignite.
Some Frequently asked Questions:
1) What are the requirements to being a HOBY Facilitator?
To be a facilitator, you must:
- Complete this year’s facilitator application (see link above)
- Be 21 years old at the time of the seminar
- Pass a background check
- Be available for the entire weekend (Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon)
- Stay in the campus dorms for three nights
2) I’ve never worked with high schoolers, and this entire experience sounds overwhelming!
Don’t worry! We’ll make sure you are thoroughly trained, and you’ll have a lot of resources available to you during the weekend. You’ll be paired with an experienced facilitator, so you won’t be doing this alone. Just remember that simply being present and supportive of the ambassadors makes a difference for them.
Have other questions? Feel free to contact the Co-Directors of Facilitators.